1 Peter 2:21-25
- For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
- Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
- Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:
- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
- For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.